Debit Card Scams
The fraudsters are taking advantage of recent events by sending text messages to consumers about their ‘recently re-issued MasterCard’. Please be assured neither Anchor Bank nor MasterCard will contact a customer to confirm their card number and/or PIN.
Always safeguard your personal information and refrain from responding to suspicious email/phone/text scams. If you suspect fraud on your account, contact us immediately. MasterCard would appreciate receiving the original email, by forwarding it to firstname.lastname@example.org. This allows their fraud department to investigate.
For our customers affected by the Target Corp. data breach
We know the holidays are an already busy time and one of the last things you want on your mind is the security of your bank accounts. The security of our customers’ accounts is extremely important to Anchor Bank and we’ve taken extra steps to protect our customers who used their Anchor Bank debit card at Target during the Target Corp. security breach November 27-December 15.
If you need more details about the unauthorized access to credit and debit card data of Target shoppers, please visit Target’s website: https://corporate.target.com/discover/article/Important-Notice-Unauthorized-access-to-payment-ca
Our bank customers who made purchases with their Anchor debit card at Target during the security breach have been issued new cards, which will be arriving in the next week.
If you still have holiday shopping to do, we want to make it as easy and secure as we can. Here are some other ways to continue your holiday shopping if you’ve not yet received your new Anchor Bank debit card:
- Your online access to your accounts has not changed so you can still use online banking to pay bills and transfer funds.
- Your checking account details have not changed so you can still pay by check.
- We always enjoy seeing our customers, so please don’t hesitate to stop by or drive through any of our branches for a cash withdrawal.
- Our bankers are also available to help you with the same-day transfer of funds from your account to another financial institution through the use of a wire transfer. Please visit them in one of our branch locations during our lobby hours.
- Through 1-4-14, gift cards are available for purchase in our bank lobbies at no fee.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.